EP And SPass Singapore: How To Apply

Your focus should always be on the next phase of your career in Singapore via a S Pass or an Employment Pass

Singapore offers various work passes and permits for individuals who wish to work there. Eligibility criterias and qualifications differ for each pass. So, you’ll have to know which one suits you best to comply with employment standards.

Singapore’s S Pass and Personalised Employment Pass are short-term passes allowing foreign workers to be employed in Singapore. They’re valid for 1 to 3 years, but they can be extended. All applications for these work passes have to go through Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM).

Your focus should always be on the next phase of your career in Singapore via a S Pass or an Employment Pass

E Pass / S Pass Eligibility In Singapore

The Ministry of Manpower considers only eligible candidates for an S Pass.You must satisfy the following conditions:

  • You’re a foreign professional, manager, or executive who earns at least $4,500 monthly income
  • You’re a mid-skilled foreign employee.
  • You’re earning a fixed monthly salary of at least $2,400. However, older applications will need to earn higher before qualifying.
  • You have a job in Singapore and your employer will apply for an S Pass on your behalf.
  • You have graduated with a degree and a diploma. (Technicians or specialists can also present their courses and certifications)
  • You relevant work experience

If you fall under any of the above, then you can start preparing for your S Pass application. But if you’re unsure, the MOM offers a self-assessment tool to help you determine your eligibility. You’ll need to fill up a host of details such as:

  • Employment Sector
  • Fixed Monthly Salary
  • Nationality/Citizenship
  • Total Work Experience
  • Relevant Work Experience
  • Educational Qualifications
    • You can add up to two
    • Make sure to input the information exactly as it appears on your certificate

Once you’re done answering the online form, you’ll receive an assessment result which tells you if you’re qualified based on the information you’ve indicated.

S Pass Application In Singapore

The sheer number of documents and application steps may be overwhelming. But the good news is, you won’t have to worry much about those. Your Singapore employer will handle all the legwork regarding your S Pass application. They will fill out an online form, which can be accessed through MOM’s website.

Here’s the step-by-step process:

  • Step 1: You’ll provide a letter of consent from your employer. This states that you agree to work with them and that they have your permission to apply for the pass in your stead.
  • Step 2: Your employer fills out the S Pass Online Application Form from MOM’s website.
  • Step 3: Your employer attaches all required documents for the S Pass.
  • Step 4: Your employer pays the processing fee of $75
  • Step 5: Once your application has been approved, your employer will receive an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter. An IPA letter in Singapore:
    • Acts as a single-entry visa which allows you entry into Singapore
    • Informs you whether you need to be medically examined when in Singapore
    • Contains a list of documents you’ll need when your employer applies for the issuance of the S Pass

It will usually take 3 to 4 weeks for the MOM to issue your S Pass. After receiving the IPA, you have 2 months or 60 days to be in Singapore.

Documents Needed For An S Pass In Singapore

Documents Needed For An S Pass In Singapore

Your employer needs to make sure they have secured the following documents when submitting your S Pass application:

  • Completely filled-out S Pass Application Form
  • Letter of consent
  • Photocopies of the following:
    • Your passport’s personal details page
    • Marriage certificate (if you are married)
    • Diplomas and other educational certifications
  • (If you are married): Photocopy of your marriage certificate
  • Your employer’s latest business profile
  • Letter of Support/Registration from a Registration Agency, Accreditation Agency, or Professional Body (this varies depending on your profession)

Issuing Your S Pass

Once you’re in Singapore, your employer will request for an S Pass to be issued to you. This process is different from applying for an S Pass, but the difference is, you’re already in Singapore.

  • Step 1: Your employer will visit EP Online (Employment Pass Online) and request for an S Pass to be issued
  • Step 2: Your employer will need to provide the following documents:
    • Details of medical insurance & work injury compensation insurance (for employees doing manual labour or for employees with a monthly salary below $1,600
    • Details about your Short Term Visit Pass / Immigration Pass
    • Singapore residential address / address where the MOM can send over your S Pass Card
    • Embarkation/Disembarkation card
    • Medical examination form (if applicable)
  • Step 3: Pay the S Pass fee of $100
  • Step 4: Once they have been issued the pass, your employer will receive a notification letter that:
    • Allows you entry to and exit from Singapore while waiting to receive your S Pass
    • States you have to register your fingerprints and photo (if it’s your first time applying for an S Pass, or it 5 years have passed since you last registered)

Contact us today!

Do not wait any longer and contact us so we can fulfill your immigration dreams in Singapore. You can also check your eligibility.

Contact us today!

Do not wait any longer and contact us so we can fulfill your immigration dreams in Singapore. You can also check your eligibility.

Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) Application

This non-renewable pass is reserved for a niche group of professionals. This exclusive application is paired with the perk of a significantly higher income

Personalized Employment Pass (PEP) Application

The PEP is a non-renewable pass reserved for a niche group of professionals. This exclusive application is paired with a significantly higher income but is subjected to one of the highest reviewing standards for Passes. If you need a work pass that does not tie you down to a single employer, apply for a PEP. Additionally, this pass enables you to switch jobs in Singapore without having to re-apply for an entry visa — so long as you haven’t been unemployed for more than 6 months.

Do you have second guesses, sub-standard applications, lack of confidence? Fear not, when you let us take the reins.

PEP Eligibility In Singapore

In a nutshell, the Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) is for:

  • An overseas foreign professional with a last drawn (within 6 months before you apply for the pass) fixed monthly salary of at least $18,000 OR
  • An existing Employment Pass holder earning a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000.

Keeping in mind that for you to hold on to this pass you will have to:

  • Not be unemployed in Singapore for more than 6 months at any time. Otherwise, you will need to cancel the pass.
  • Earn a fixed salary of at least $144,000 per calendar year, regardless of the number of months you are in employment.

Documents Needed To Apply For A Personalised Employment Pass In Singapore

If you hold an Employment Pass or S Pass, you don’t have to provide additional documents. However, the following details must be included in your PEP application form

  • Passport personal details
  • Employer’s name and address (if applicable)
  • Employment and salary details
  • List of local contacts (overseas professionals can provide local contacts upon arrival in Singapore)
  • Details of Dependent’s Pass holders (if any)
  • Details of Long-Term Social Visit Pass Holders, if any.

For those who aren’t Employment Pass holders, you’ll need to present the following

  • Photocopy of passport personal details page
  • Employment contract from your current or previous employer
  • Latest tax statement
  • Copy of your updated resume
  • Educational transcripts and certifications (if any)

How Long Does A PEP Application Take?

Compared to the S Pass and E Pass, PEPs will take about 8 weeks to process. Once the MOM approves your application, you will again be sent an IPA letter valid for 6 months. You’ll have to get your pass from the MOM Singapore office and bring other relevant documents as indicated in the IPA letter.

Start The Next Phase Of Your Career In Singapore With TIP!

Seriously considering working in Singapore? The opportunities are endless in the Lion City and you’ll no doubt find it fulfilling to work here.

Securing an S Pass and E Pass should be your top priority if you want the dream to materialise. If you’re still daunted by the process, don’t worry. Our team of immigration consultants in Singapore can help you out. Reduce your uncertainties and hassles in securing any of these employment passes — we get it done. Call us now and learn how we can help!

Frequently Asked Questions About The Employment Pass In Singapore

What Is The Difference Between EP And S Pass In Singapore?

The two passes can be confusing, but there are key differences. EPs are for highly-skilled professionals with high job qualifications / job offers in Singapore. Meanwhile, the S Pass is open for mid-level skilled workers, technicians, and other specialists.

An Employment Pass is valid for up to 2 years, and you can renew it after expiry. With an EP, you’ll also find it easier to apply as a Singapore PR (Permanent Resident).

EP holders typically receive better perks and benefits, such as medical insurance, compared to S Pass holders. However, it’s within the employer’s discretion to extend those benefits to them. Meanwhile S Pass holders are offered fewer perks, but they do have medical insurance.

Yes. As long as you meet the criteria set forth by the Ministry of Manpower, you can choose to upgrade your work permit to an S Pass.