Every single work pass holder in Singapore is already away from home and geographically separated from their loved ones.

Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) Application In Singapore

If you hold an EP or S Pass, you may want to take your family with you when relocating to Singapore. To do so, they must have a LTVP or Long-Term Visit Pass. With this pass, you can take your common-law spouse, step-children, or handicapped child to the Lion City.

Contact us today!

Do not wait any longer and contact us so we can fulfill your immigration dreams in Singapore. You can also check your eligibility.

Contact us today!

Do not wait any longer and contact us so we can fulfill your immigration dreams in Singapore. You can also check your eligibility.

What Is A Long Term Visit Pass In Singapore?

Singapore is one of the most popular destinations for foreign workers. However, they face some limitations regarding how many of their family members could go to Singapore with them.

Fortunately, Singapore’s LTVP allows some of these family members an opportunity to live in the city. They can take up residence in Singapore for as long as they have a relative who holds a valid Employment Pass or S Pass. An LTVP is also issued to foreigners that want to stay in Singapore for more than 30 days.

What Is The Difference Between The Dependant's Pass And LTVP In Singapore?

You may have encountered a Dependent’s Pass before. These two appear similar at first, in that it allows some family members into Singapore. However, there are some key differences.

For example, an LTVP is issued by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) in Singapore. Meanwhile, the Ministry of Manpower issues the Dependant’s Pass. Further on in this guide, we’ll look at which family members are allowed to apply for these passes.

Eligibility For A Dependant’s Pass

If a foreigner in Singapore with a work pass wants to bring their legal spouse and/or child along, they can just apply for a Dependant’s Pass with the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) in Singapore.

Eligibility For A Dependant’s Pass

Eligibility For LTVP In Singapore

There may be some family members of foreign expats who don’t qualify for the Dependant’s Pass. They’d need a long-term visit pass to live in Singapore

  • Non-legal spouse
  • Unmarried step-child (under 21)
  • Unmarried handicapped child (over 21)
  • Parents
Family sponsership

A foreigner is only eligible to apply LTVP for the above, if they

  • Have any of the following: Employment Pass (EP), S Pass, Personalized Employment Pass (PEP), EntrePass
  • Have a fixed monthly salary of at least S$6,000. Sponsoring parents, at least $12,000.
  • Are sponsored by a Singapore-based and registered company (usually an employer)

Mother/grandmother accompanying foreign child(ren) on a student pass in Singapore, may apply for LTVP under the “Long-Term Visit Pass for Accompany Mothers / Grandmothers for Student Pass Holders” scheme.

LTVP Holder

Note that restrictions apply to only the LTVP holder (mother/grandmother of child).

For Singapore Citizens (SC) or Singapore Permanent Residents (SPR), the following people can be sponsored for the LTVP:

  • Foreigner, whose spouse is a SC or SPR
  • Foreign born child (< 21 years old) whose parent is an SC or SPR.
  • Parent whose child (> 21 years old) is an SC or SPR.

The Long-Term Visit Pass-Plus (LTVP+) scheme is for foreign spouses of Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore PR. The LTVP+ gives foreign spouses of SCs a longer period of stay.

All other LTVP schemes give an average of 2 year’s stay in Singapore. In some cases, up to 3-5 years, but all applications are evaluated by the ICA on a case-by-case basis. LTVP holders are generally not allowed to work unless they hold a work visa or the employer applies for a Letter of Consent (LOC) – available to some Dependant’s Pass holders and LTVP holders.

LTVP Application Singapore

Applying for an LTVP may seem overwhelming in the beginning, but we’ll help digest the process for you. Below is a step-by-step guide on applying for an LTVP:

  • Step 1: Your employer / employment agency (EA) will submit a filled-out application form through the myMOM Portal.
  • Step 2: Your family members must go to Singapore and make sure that they have complied with the vaccination travel requirements.
  • Step 3: Your employer or EA will issue the pass for the family members
  • Step 4: Each family member will have their photo taken and their fingerprints registered
  • Step 5: Each member receives the LTVP card.
Working women with kids

Next Step: Apply For A Permanent Residence (PR)

If you or your family members have been here on an LTVP for a while, they’d realise it’s a real hassle being on LTVP. Tedious renewal every two years. Conditions and regulations to meet and there is the danger that LTVP may not be renewed.

The next step would be for LTVP family members to apply for PR, or even better apply together as a family for everyone who is not already a PR/Citizen. They stand a higher chance on their PR application when the entire family plans to stay in Singapore permanently. With all family members on PR status, the restrictions and insecurity of being tethered to the Long-Term Visit Pass will be gone.

If you would like more information on how we can assist with applying for a brand new LTVP, or help in your PR application,

Apply For A Long Term Visit Pass

Apply For A Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) and, Dependant Pass (DP) With TIP!

We know that work pass holders in Singapore are away from home and geographically separated from their loved ones. Allow us to bridge this gap and assist you with your family's seamless entry into Singapore so you can best support them when they need you most. Be there for them, we will be here for you.

Frequently Asked Questions About LTVP In Singapore

How To Apply For A Long Term Visit Pass?

If you hold an EP or S Pass in Singapore, you can also request your employer to process your eligible family members’ LTVP.

Yes. However, your Work Permit is valid only if your LTVP is valid. If the latter expires or is cancelled, so will your Work Permit. To continue your employment in Singapore, you must apply for a regular work pass (S Pass or Employment Pass, or a PEP (Personalised Employment Pass))

Foreign partners or children of Singapore citizens or PRs who have applied for LTVP can be considered for LTVP+ as long as they’re eligible.

If you have provided a Pre-Marriage Long-Term Visit Pass Assessment (PMLA) before your LTVP application, you can cut down the process to six weeks. Without a PMLA, expect your LTVP application to be processed in six months.